We will assume good faith when dealing with users who violate our guidelines and rules. Administrators
have the final say in interpreting and enforcing these guidelines and rules. Violations of our
guidelines and rules may result in posts being modified or removed entirely and users being banned from
Reporting a suspected violation: If you believe that someone has broken a rule or is
behaving in a disruptive manner on any of the forums, alert the administrator using our contact form. Don’t try to deal with it yourself by responding to the
member. As soon as your message is submitted, the administrator will be notified of the report by email.
Please note that the forum post will only be edited or removed if deemed to be in violation of the rules
and guidelines and at CommunAbility’s sole discretion.
General Guidelines and Rules
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. If you would like to suggest a forum area, send us a
request using our contact form.
- Members are asked to post in English. Presently, CommunAbility does not support language
- Members are encouraged to keep accessibility in mind when posting to forums. Posts should be
consistent with everyday language. Avoid excessive use of professional jargon, texting language,
emoticons, small or coloured text, SHOUTING, and punctuation.
Spamming and Self-promoting in Forums
- Posting spam is not permitted. We define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services,
and/or other web sites, or posts with little or no content related to the forum topic.
- Do not spam forums with links to your business website or products or try to self-promote your
website, business, or other forums.
- Spam posts will be removed. If a post contains any link(s) considered to be spam, the link(s) will
be removed. Users repeatedly posting spam will be warned and if the behaviour persists, the user
will be banned from the forum.
Images, Other Media, and Materials
- Do not provide or ask for information on how to illegally obtain materials. Inappropriate images or
media will be removed.
Sensitive and Personal Information
- Do not post any personal or sensitive information you wish to keep private. Your postings are not
private and can be searched by users of the website.
- Unless you are the copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder, link to content
rather than posting it in its entirety.
Conduct and Language
- Our forum is intended to build community. All posts should be professional and courteous.
- You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members; however, you are not free to
taunt, provoke, degrade, insult, or otherwise attack other members on the CommunAbility forum.
- Do not use obscene, sexually charged, or violent language.
- Hate speech of any kind, directed toward any group, is not acceptable and will be deleted.